6.24.2011

Okay, so here goes....

Nothing. ^_^

At the end of this month, I will be ordering HCG, and beginning the HCG diet. Now, before anyone gets on their soapbox, let me first get on mine. I know what the reports and retorts on the diet say. I've read the good and the bad. But, I am tired of this thing called diet. I've done life-style changes, I've tried exercising, I've tried everything. Only to (usually) end up gaining weight. Now, part of this is due to setting myself up to failure. Part of this is due to PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome). Part of this may be due to my family inherited traits. Part of this, I'm sure, is laziness. But I'm done. I'm done being embarrassed when I look at myself in the mirror, and I'm done being ashamed of my body.  I'm done.
I know this diet sounds crazy to those that hear it for the first time, or those that have researched it. I understand how scary 500 calories a day sounds (believe me, I do!). But, after reading the book, Fat 2 Fab, the science behind this diet somehow makes sense to me (it also explains why the counter-studies that are out there are not true to the original protocol). And, after seeing the results of my friends (a couple who lost over 60 lbs together, and one is a nurse who was recommended this diet by a nurse practitioner!), I am ready to try this. When I start the diet, you may laugh at me, and I promise I won't get mad. If I put this weight back on, I'm okay with that, but nothing else is working, so I might as well try it. And, I give you full reign to laugh at me then too. But, don't tell me that dieting and exercising will work. Because, for me at least, it hasn't and I've lost all hope that it ever will. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Well, my first blog post was on dieting! Never saw that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment